Saturday, August 19, 2006

Andy Roddick? Yes, please.


So it's a Saturday night and I'm sitting at home. I guess I should probably be hanging out with friends but no one ever calls me. And when they do it seems like I never see that they have called until I am getting into bed. Maybe I'm just meant to be a loser, who knows. Anyway, rather than hanging out the past few nights I've been enjoying a few Andy Roddick tennis matches on TV. I had forgotten how much I loved him until watching him play again. I mean, I've always loved him because lets face it, he's a hottie, but I had forgotten how much I love to watch him play tennis. It seems as though he may be getting out of the slump he has been in for about a year or so. I'm crossing my fingers. He's reached the finals in the tournament that he's currently playing in and I'm looking forward to watching his match tomorrow. I may even have to skip out on Relief Society to watch it, but like skipping Relief Society would be anything new.

I recently found out he has been dating Maria Sharapova. Apparently it's one of the "worst kept dating secrets since Brad and Angelina". Wait, Sharapova's not pregnant is she? Well, their coupledom was news to me. I guess they were keeping it a secret because of her age. Which really doesn't make any sense to me because it's not like she was under 18. She's 19 now so if they've been dating for a year, she'd still have been legal. I don't know why but I don't like them together. For some reason I'm not a big fan of Sharapova's. I don't like the way she screams out every time her racket touches the ball and she's not cute enough for Andy. I liked it better when he was dating Mandy Moore. And come to think of it, it was when he was dating her that he was playing some of his best tennis. That's when he won the US Open. He should really think about getting back with her.

Tonight I ventured onto Andy Roddick's website and came across his blog. Here is the link if you ever joy to visit:
  • Andy's Blog

  • Sorry, I don't know how to incorporate the link right into my paragraph. Anyway, I don't know if he actually writes it or if someone else does it for him. Regardless, I'm just going to think that he writes it himself because it only makes me love him more. As you can see, I enjoy athletes. I think it's apparent who my two favorites are but just in case you don't know, it's Andy Roddick and David Beckham. I just want to make it clear that it's not only because of their looks that I like them. I enjoy their talent as well. Notice that I said not only their looks because trust me, I definitely enjoy those. But now that I've seen Becks play live, I need to see Andy Roddick play live as well. Looks like I'll just have to make a trip out to Wimbledon next year. Maybe I'll run into Posh and Becks while I'm out there. Now who wants to pay for my plane ticket?

    1 comment:

    Sarah C. said...

    Tara dear,
    I frequently call you and yet never seem to get a hold of you! Perhaps you need to surgically implant your cell phone into some part of your body so as to not miss the phone calls?

    Just a thought.