Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Superman Wears Jack Bauer Pajama's

Monday night was the season finale of 24. It was pretty much amazing. 2
hours of pure awesomeness. Finally Jack avenged the deaths of Pres.
Palmer, Tony, and Michelle like he should have a long time ago. I'm sure
I wasn't the only one who was happy to see him put a bullet in the man
that was responsible for all of their deaths. Not to mention that
Robocop was completely heinous looking. The whole episode was just
great. In my opinion, I think it was the best season finale that 24 has
ever had. They left us with a huge cliffhanger at the end and I really
don't even know what to expect for next season. Except 24 action filled
episodes, but that's pretty much a given at this point. I don't know how
I'm going to make it 7 months until it starts up in January. And it's
the first time I've really had to do it. It's going to be difficult. I
may have to pull out seasons 1-4 and watch them all again, just to get
my 24 fix each month. One thing I know is it's going to be a LONG 7
months.

So I watched the first season of Lost last week. I was really surprised
at how much I liked it. I know of one reason that I like it so much and
I can tell you it in two words. Matthew Fox. He's a dream. Very hot. Not
the same Charlie back from Party of Five. Charlie was cute but Jack
Shephard is definitely cuter. I prefer the buzz cut to the long shaggy
hair. And I especially prefer the shorts, suits, and baggy jeans to the
practically painted on jeans of the early 90's. He is one of those who
has just gotten better with age.



Speaking of both 24 and Lost, someone once said to me or I read it
somewhere that Jack Bauer could get off the Lost island in 24 hours. I
found this to be hysterical and truly believable. Of course he could.
It's freaking Jack Bauer. He's amazing. Before I saw this I had actually
thought about it. I thought that when Lost is ready to end they should
do a crossover season with 24. Let Jack(Bauer), with the help of
Jack(Shephard), save everyone from that stupid island. I don't know how
they could do it but I'm sure the writers could figure something out.
It'd be great. People would be dying left and right(because that's what
happens when Jack Bauer is around)but of course, at least one of the
Jack's would survive, hopefully both. Okay, maybe it's a stupid idea but
you know that everyone would tune into that show. I know I would. My
bestest roommate Kristine, who I miss tremendously, asked me which Jack
I like better. Jack Bauer or Jack Shephard. The answer is clear. Who do
I want as my husband? Jack Shephard. Who do I want to be there to save
my life? Definitely Jack Bauer. And then of course, Dr. McDreamy would
be there to perform any emergency surgery that I needed. What a life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW :)
Interesting read here and ya gotta luv a girl who admits she likes TV

So, Utah huh, Provo even.,....Ya gotta be Mormon I guess huh......LOLOL...sorry following a stereotype

come see me
:o

Sarah C. said...

Oh McDreamy, he is a dream come true. I wish he were my surgeon...RAR!!! Thank you for updating.

Travis Butterfield said...

here's another stranger comment. I think it's awesome that you get so into 24 and Lost. I'm a big fan myself.

I thought your post about president Logan was interesting. I think it's safe to say that we're not supposed to like him. That's kind of the point. But, that's exactly why I DO like him. I guess I should rephrase. I like his character - because it makes for a really interesting show. It's really different from when David Palmer was president, and he could do no wrong. Now "we" have a president who is a weak snakish guy, who will weasel out of anything. It makes for great drama. But, I'm glad they "fixed his wagon." That Jack Bauer is one cool guy. I like Dr. McDreamy, but I think the chick on Lost (I forgot her name - it's been a while since I watched it) is the one for me - seeing as how I'm not gay. But, yeah. It's nice when the two lead characters on a show are both gorgeous.

Anyway. Sorry. Couldn't resist - despite the fact you don't know me, and vice-versa.

Sarah C. said...

Tara, please update. Thank you.

Sarah C. said...

Tara, what is with the lack of updates? Please respond promptly. Thank you.