Saturday, December 08, 2007

C-Webb

So…this may be completely random but I’m just going to throw it out there anyway. Does anyone know what happened to Chris Webber? Some of you may remember how I used to be a fan back in the day when he played for Sacramento. You may also remember the dance move that Megan was so good at that we named after him. I must admit that I was like a litte fan-girl and it was completely awesome. I gotta say though...just look at him. I don't really know how you couldn't be. I don't care that he may be some sort of criminal, he’s hot stuff. Dev and I had some good times cheering for him when he'd come visit Utah to play the Jazz. Unfortunately, I lost track of him after he got traded and for some reason started wondering about him the other night as I watched the Jazz game. My brothers told me he plays for Detroit these days but I looked it up and I’m not so sure. All I found about him on Google was some letter he received from Bill Clinton years ago. I know there’s at least one person who sometimes reads this blog that probably knows so if you could be so kind to let me know, I’d really appreciate it. It'd be a real tragedy if he could no longer be seen on the court. So just in case, here's another picture for good measure.

4 comments:

Elvis said...

Well to answer your question about your boy C Webb here's an article that I found. I looks like he's just waiting to play for the Pistons. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3045522

Holly said...

I have no idea... but def. have to agree that he is yummy eye candy. :) Love you Tar!

Jordan L. said...

Tara,

This is my first attempt to ever post on a blog (you should feel special). I feel this is a very serious subject and one I would like to enlighten you on. After C-webb got traded to the sixers he was very unhappy. After the Iverson trade last year, Philadephia bought out of c-webbs contract making him a free agent. Webber re-signed with his hometown team Detroit. Webber was a asset to there team and was a good contributor during the playoffs. During the off-season Webber was in the talk to re-sign with a few teams (Dallas, Orlando, Lakers, Kings, Pistons). Webber even talked about playing over-seas because he doesn't want to leave the game. Webber was not signed, but there is recent talk that he will be picked up shortly, probably a few months before the playoffs. He has bad knees and probably can't last a full 82 game season. My guess is that he will re-sign with Detroit, Orlando, or Clevland. He will only sign with a playoff team. In the meantime, you can probably find c-webb at a detroit gym playing pickup games of bball, or in Natomas (Sacramento) area where he opened up a soul food restaraunt. I hope you found this helpful. Sorry it was so long!

Tara said...

Thank you Jordan and Elvis. I really appreciate the time you took to let me know what Chris Webber is up to. I feel as though I can now continue on in life. :) You guys are the bomb.com.

And thank you Holly for commenting as well.