Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Childhood Dreams

So as you all know, I'm a big Jazz fan. I've been a fan my whole life. It's in my blood. I have specific memories of watching certain games when I was younger and have many memories throughout my years that involve the Jazz.

Of course I loved John and Karl. But my absolute favorite Jazz player growing up was Bryon Russell. I had a HUGE crush on him starting when I was really young. I thought he was soooo hot (and he was). When I started Jr. Jazz, I wore number 3 just because that was Bryon's number. I used to cut out newspaper pictures of him and save them in a little box. It was like my first celebrity crush! It was always a dream of mine to meet him. Well tonight, a good 15 years later, that dream finally came true!!

B-Russ was in town after he called out Michael Jordan to play him 1-on-1. I pretty much figured MJ wouldn't show up but knew Bryon was coming. His twitter told me so. :) There was no way I was going to miss this! Not even this deathly illness I've had for the past week could keep me from going. So I loaded up on the Lortab(bless this pill) and headed over to the Flash game. When I saw Bryon from a distance and it was like the 11 year old girl that cheered for him all those years ago just came right out! I was pretty much giddy.

After the lame halftime show of them trying to fake everyone out with a MJ impersonator was over, he didn't come back out to his seat and I got so sad! Finally, he came back and Mele and I immediately moved closer so we could get a picture. During the 4th quarter he left and got stuck in the tunnel signing autographs for the kids (who probably weren't even alive to know who he was!). After the game we lingered to see if he'd come out and he didn't. Finally we walked over there and he was gone! We were both so disappointed. But I knew there was still a chance. I walked right into that tunnel like I belonged and there we came upon High Flyin' Bryon himself! We walked up to him and asked for a picture and told him we'd loved him since we were five. He was so nice! And seriously still looks so gooood. :) I even tweeted about meeting him and he tweeted back! haha. I think he loved me. Let this be a lesson to never give up on your childhood dreams. ;)


3 comments:

Sarah C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah C. said...

What I meant to say (and subsequently deleted because I said it awfully wrong), was: no amount of sickness would warrant missing that. He's a dream. That is all.

TAWNY said...

I'm going to pretend like this never happened to you to make myself feel better.