Sunday, September 30, 2007

"You don't have any style. You're still stuck in your high school mode."

That is what my sister just said to me about the way that I dress. She said that I still wear simple clothes, just like I did when I was in high school and that the style is changing. I told her I don't like to look homeless or like I'm trying too hard which is what I think a lot of people look like these days. I told her that it is the people who wear all the trendy clothes that I, in fact, think look like they are stuck in high school. But that is just my opinion. Funny thing is, I wear a lot of my sister's clothes.

I know that I don't have the greatest clothes or that I don't have the best style. In fact, everyday I dread having to get dressed because I hate most of the clothes that I own. But I also don't think that I am someone you look at and say, "She has no style." I think that for the most part I am good at realizing what I don't look good in and so I don't wear those clothes, even if they are what is cool and hip right now. I'd rather not look pregnant or obese, thank you. I can recognize a good outfit when I see one but that doesn't mean that I would look good in it. I do not have the ideal body type for the style of clothing that is popular right now and I think I am better off simplifying my style, rather than trying to look totally, freaking awesome, hip, and trendy like everyone else by wearing those clothes. So what if my clothes are simple? I would be more than willing to let Stacy and Clinton of "What Not to Wear" come and trash my wardrobe if it meant them helping me find a whole new one worth $5,000. So there it is. If you think my clothes suck, do something about it and contact the show. But I don't think you'll see them finding me outrageous clothing. I think it would actually be more along the lines of simple.

1 comment:

Kristine L. said...

I like your style Tara. I am like you. I like simple, classic looks... the ones that never go out of style. :)