Saturday, March 29, 2008

It's no secret that I'm a fan

Right now I am totally putting off starting a paper that is due on Monday but oh well. Last night the Clippers were in town to play the Jazz. My uncle Mike hooked us up with some tickets and we had a great time. We had 4 pretty good tickets so Mele, Kristine and Jordan came with.

My two favorite players on the team.
Deron Williams had an awesome dunk over the ugly 7-footer, Kaman. I just love him. Deron, that is. Not Kaman. Kyle Korver makes the list cuz he's good looking and I won't even deny the fact that it's basically the only reason he's a favorite. Oh, and I guess he's a pretty good 3-point shooter. :)

Apparently President Monson is a Jazz fan. I spotted him across the court during the first half but wasn't sure if it was him. It was hard to imagine him just at a Jazz game on a Friday night, but it's pretty great that it was him. We kept zooming in with our camera's trying to figure out if it was really him. This was one of the pictures I took in the process and we still didn't know if it was him for sure. At half time people started gathering around him and taking pictures so we decided that it had to be him. After the game, there was a huge crowd around him as he left the court. It was pretty great to see that more people were excited to see President Monson than Carlos Boozer who was out there as well.

Speaking of Carlos Boozer, I attempted to take this picture of him as he ran off the court. It's all blurry, I know, but will you please just look at the gem of a picture it ended up being? Check out the lady's face in the bottom right corner! Ha ha.

It was fun to be able to go down on the court after the game and just hang out on the Jazz bench, even if we didn't get to meet any of the players or anything. Mele did fulfill a life-long dream though and get to meet Ron Boone. Don't worry that we definitely got a picture with him. :) He was a nice guy and asked Mele all about her knee.


Overall, I had a great time. Here's some other pictures we took while we were there:
It's always a good time when the Jazz win!

2 comments:

Jordan L. said...

Thanks again for the tickets Tara, we had a great time!

Anonymous said...

This was probably the best night of my life! I am being dead serious! But soon it will be our everyday lives, except our husbands will take us outta the country...