Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Out of It

Have any of you seen the Youtube video "David After Dentist"? Well that is how I felt most of yesterday. I don't know if it was due to the drugs that I took or because that's how my sickness made me feel but it was certainly an odd feeling all day.

I started feeling sick on Monday night. My body started aching but I wasn't sure if it was just because I'd spent the majority of my long weekend in bed. So I popped a few Ibuprofens and went about my ways. I couldn't sleep that night (something that is becoming more and more familiar) so at about 3 I finally just took some Tylenol PM and was able to fall asleep. I woke up yesterday and felt light headed, achey, and slightly nauseated. This upset me because I had fully planned on going to work and school all day. I made it to work and the feeling got worse and worse. I flinched everytime the phone rang because I just wanted to be in bed. And that's where I headed as soon as I got home. I fell asleep for about 3 1/2 hours and missed all of my classes. When I woke up, it was worse. I took some more medicine and tried to function normally. Easier said than done.

I attempted to go to the basketball game later that night after taking more drugs. Let me tell you, sitting in the student section was a bad idea. I wanted to kill everyone around me with their stupid whistles, yells, and cheering. I mostly just sat there. At one point I got upset about a call and stood up. Bad idea. I about passed right out. Then I continued to boo. Another bad idea. I sat back down. I had absolutely no energy. I decided to try taking some more drugs and get some sugar in me so I walked up the stairs to the concourse. Seriously, by the time I made it to the top, I felt like I had just climbed a huge mountain or something. I was so tired.

We got home at about 11 and I took some Tylenol PM, expecting it to kick in in about 30 minutes and I'd be out cold. I really shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. 12 rolled around and yeah, I felt pretty out of it but I couldn't sleep just yet. I layed in my bed trying to sleep but it just wasn't happening. Then I got the chills. I was so cold. I could not get warm for the life of me! I turned off my fan(which never happens), turned the heat up in the apartment, and added extra blankets but none of it helped! I was feverish and could feel how warm some parts of my body were so I tried to put my hands in those places. Nothing was working. I didn't want to look at the clock because I knew I'd just get pissed. Then I started to cry. I just wanted to sleep! It was the only relief I could get from all the pain and it wasn't happening. I contemplated getting in a warm shower but decided against it. Finally I sat on my floor with my blow dryer in hand and started using the heat to warm up my body. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to leave it on while I slept. So after about 20 minutes of the blow drying, I climbed back in bed. I then looked at the clock. It was 3. I wanted to die. I think I finally fell asleep after about 30 minutes.

Stupid Tylenol PM not working. I woke up today and am feeling the same as I did yesterday. All achey, light headed, feverish, and now my throat hurts. Not to mention it is taking every ounce of energy that I have just to type this out. Mele suggested maybe I have mono. I certainly hope not. I have been getting sick a lot lately but I honestly think that my immune system just doesn't work anymore. Trying to self diagnose I looked up the symptoms for Mono...

Fever? Check
Chills? Check
Sore throat? Check
Swollen glands? Check
Headache and body aches? Check
Lack of energy? Check
Loss of appetite? Check

found at WebMD

But I also feel like all those symptoms could go with the flu, which is what I think I do have. Who knows. All I know is I want to cry, sleep, and die all at the same time. That's how sick I feel.

4 comments:

Tami said...

ummmm...doctor? hello? doctor? Tara, go to the...doctor! just maybe they will prescribe something really, really good that will make you feel all tingly and warm inside and let you sleep for hours and hours. :) just a thought...

Julia said...

I think it definitely sounds like mono. You can get a quick blood test that will confirm it. I hope you feel better soon!

Neal and Angie said...

sorry your sick! That totally sucks! I hope you start feeling better soon. I really hate the feeling of no energy and wanting to sleep but you can't for the life of you!

Julia said...

From DH,

My money is on the flu. Tara, you probably are feeling better by now but if not I would agree with Tami, that you should be seen by someone. Doctor's may not be liked by many but some know what they are doing.

DH