Monday, February 09, 2009

Viva La Vida

I want to preface this post by saying that I reallly never win anything. I know everyone says that and everyone probably feels that way too, but for me it's true! I mean, as an example, just the other night I was at some dance and this shirt came flying towards me. I stupidly thought some lame guy had gotten too hot and took his shirt off and got rid of it so I just threw it back into the crowd. It wasn't until like 4 seconds later that I realized they were throwing out free t-shirts. I was upset.
Anyway, this post is a little bit overdue but better late than never, right?
So November 22nd, 2008, as some of you know was a very special night for me. It was the night of the Coldplay concert. I've loved them for years and so I was very excited for the concert. Kelli and I saw them a couple years ago in Vegas and we had an absolutely amazing time. I was just hoping that this night would be half as good as the first concert. Boy was I in for a pleasant surprise.
Posing with our new best friends, Marta and Stephanie.

We arrived at the concert early enough to get our souvenirs. We waited in line and Tawny purchased a shirt while the rest of us poor students got some key chains and posters. Tawny immediatly put on her t-shirt and we headed up to our seats in the upper bowl. As we got right outside of our portal, two girls approached me and asked if they could talk to us for a second. I thought sure why not. As we called back to Tawny to come join us, I noticed that these girls were wearing official Viva La Vida tour shirts and they also had British accents. I thought they had to be legit. Stephanie and Marta asked to see our tickets. We handed over our tickets and they said, "Wow, you really paid that much to sit clear up here?" I immediately thought, "Um...yeah. It's freaking Coldplay."

They told us that they worked for the tour and wanted to play a game with us. At first we were a little sketched out but thought, eh, why not. The rules of the game were that all we had to do was give them our tickets, close our eyes, and put our hands out. In exchange they promised that they would put something in our hands that would be better than the tickets we gave them. I thought, well okay. Something in the lower bowl maybe, who knows. We agreed to play and handed over our tickets. Kelli, Tawny, Sarah, and I all closed our eyes and held out our hands. We all made sure to keep our eyes closed tightly so that there wasn't a chance of losing! They placed new tickets in our hands and said that on the count of 3, we could open our eyes and they would tell us where we were sitting. So they counted...1...2...3 "You're sitting on the 2nd row on the floor!!"

We freaked. And I mean freaked. I screamed "NO WAY!!" We all hugged each other, twice, three times. People stared and we screamed some more. We freaked all the way to our 2nd row seats, which just so happened to be right in the center of the stage as well. I honestly couldn't believe that this was happening.
Rocking our new shirts from the 2nd row.

We got to our seats and looked around and this is basically what we saw. Suckers. :) But seriously, it was so surreal. The only thing I could compare it to was if this had happened to me when I was 12 at an 'Nsync concert. I seriously felt like a 12 year old girl again, minus the tears (although I'll be honest, I came close to shedding a tear). Sarah, Kelli and I decided that we needed to remember this night forever so we went out and got our own shirts. If it wasn't for Tawny's purchase to begin with, this wouldn't have happened so we figured we'd donate as much money to the cause as we could.

We texted everyone we knew, updated Facebook statuses, and waited for Chris Martin to come out and make our year. And that he did. They put on an AWESOME performance that I would give anything to re-live.

Here are some pics from the night:



Me and my boyfriend Chris. He's seriously hot.



Yeah, that's how close we were. Yeah that's his happy trail.




Here's some videos as well:

I have another one I wanted to post but will have to do it later.

3 comments:

meeshw said...

No way!!!! Awesome...I have the image of you screaming and freaking all the way to your seats...love it!

Neal and Angie said...

That is so freakin' sweet!!! I never have cool stuff like that happen to me either! I remember you used to always win the guessing games at our family reunions and then you would always share the loot with me! I think you have always been LUCKY :D

TAWNY said...

That was the best night of our lives. Tara, I think our next stop should be a Coldplay concert in the U.K....interested?