Thursday, October 18, 2007

Vegas Vacation

Right now I should really be studying for a test that I'm probably going fail tomorrow. Instead, here I am, spending time on the more important things in life.

Last weekend I took a trip with some friends down to Vegas for the BYU football game. We had a good time and I thought I'd post some pictures. Unfortunately, things didn't get as crazy as we'd hoped but they were still fun regardless.

The drive down wasn't too bad except for the fact that I was forced to listen to music that I didn't know. What is worse on a road trip than listening to music that you don't know all the words to? I can think of only a few things worse than that. We arrived there safely on Friday night and headed out to the strip for the night. Here are some pictures:

Watching the fountains at the Bellagio is always a good time.

Michelle and I were happy that we got to partake in the greatness that is Cheesecake Factory.

After getting hit on by some crazy guys, we went to the gardens at the Bellagio and hit up the slots. I only lost $3 and Michelle lost $5. For the record, Michelle did beat the system and maxed out at $10.80 but I refused to go cash it out for her since she isn't 21. As much as I love Michelle, I wasn't going to walk up there and ask for 10 bucks. But great job Michelle!

Saturday, before the game, we went to the ESPN Zone and played in the arcade where Kristine did beat Jordan in a game of basketball. Check out their red eye! They are meant for each other! :) We also ate at some restaurant that I believe was called America, or something equally as awesome. If you like crappy service and okay food then you'll totally love it. (In other words, don't ever go there. You will regret it.)

The game was fun and I found $20 bucks so I was happy. We won, so that is good! And can I just say that the seats in that stadium down there are quite comfortable. Whoever is in charge of the seats at Lavell Edwards Stadium should seriously consider putting backs on the benches. No one would ever stand up and it would be fantastic!

All in all, it was a good time. Thanks to Jordan's sister for letting us stay at her house and play with her adorable kids. The ride home was probably the best part. We played the Celebrity Name game for 5 hours straight and of course the best team came out on top. Michelle, Eric, and I dominated and pulled out the win right as we pulled into Provo. But needless to say, I will never be playing that game again!

5 comments:

Kristine L. said...

Whoa whoa whoa... for the record, you didn't exactly "dominate". You won, nonetheless, but you didn't dominate. And also, remember how you had three minds and we had two? One of those being me... the worst player. Just something to think about. :)

And dang straight I beat Jordan! Would you expect any less of me? It isn't like he was the captain of his basketball team or anything like that...

Tara said...

Excuses, excuses Kristine. If you had a problem with our three minds working against your 1 1/2, you should have said something in the beginning. It was Jordan who said he could beat anyone which he was clearly wrong about. :) We won, fair and square! Eric didn't play half the time anyway.

And "dominate" just sounds better in a blog anyway.

Amanda said...

so..you should tell me how to add blogs to my links so I can add you..ya know-still new at this whole thing

Tiffy said...

I found your blog yeah!! I love ya

Holly said...

Hey Tar... I am tagging you... just take a look at my blog if you feel like doing it. Looks like you had fun in Vegas!!