Sunday, April 20, 2008

Just another Saturday night in Provo...

One thing that some of my friends and I like to do is go out dancing. Something that I think is normal for single, 21 year old girls to enjoy doing(yeah, I get that this is Provo and we should probably be trying to find a husband or something but I'm over that whole idea). The dancing scene in Provo isn't the greatest but we always try to make it the best we can. Personally, I just enjoy dancing with my girlfriends and don't really care to go and impress any of the guys there. Frankly, I hope that my future husband isn't spending his Saturday nights on Center Street in Provo, dancing with girls who wear clothes that they shouldn't. So needless to say, I'm not going with the idea in my head that I'm going to meet my future spouse or anything, I'm just going for a good time. Last night, we thought about going, but decided against it once we got there because we didn't want to pay for something we knew probably wouldn't be worth the money anyway. So we just chilled outside for a bit talking to some friends that we saw there. At one point, some sort of fight broke out inside and all the "security guards" had to attend to that. So a few of us just walked inside the door to see what was going on/try and get in without having to pay. In all honesty, I don't think we would have stayed longer than 5 minutes anyway but we didn't even have the chance to decide that ourselves before one of the security guards on some power trip randomly yelled specifically at us to "GET OUT!!!". I just pretended like I didn't see him and walked out the door. No later than 3 minutes after that the security guard hunted us down in the crowd of people outside and yelled at us again. This time he told us to "NEVER COME BACK!" Huh? I was so confused. I didn't understand why he'd felt the need to search us out and yell at us, 3 girls who hadn't gone out of our way to do anything to him. When he'd "asked" us to leave the building, we'd left without even a word yet he still felt like he needed to scream at us to never come back again. I mean, really? Really?? Well guess what. We weren't planning on coming back anyway cuz they are LAME. If it wasn't for 16 year old hookers and a bunch of creeps you wouldn't have your minimum wage paying job anyway! Thanks to Mele, we were able to get that message across to at least some of the people there, even if the ugly security guard didn't hear it all. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha... yah i was not being a good christian. I need to repent for alot of the things that I said to him, or at him! :)